Tuesday

Quick Meals

I will not claim you can "cook" while on bedrest. I am suggesting you can make a meal for your family.
Buy precooked meats, or cuts that can be cooked in the crock pot. Use microwavable meals, I personally loved Hormel Refrigerated entrees which cook in about 4 minutes. Take advantage of your grocery store's bakery for things like dinner rolls. Keep your ingredients to a minimum. It means less time standing in your kitchen assembling. Use canned soups and precut fruit and veggies as shortcuts. They make frozen vegetable's in steamable bags that cook in about 4-6 minutes. There are even complete meals that will cook like the steamable veggies.

I should mention that my wonderful husband usually cleaned up after the meals. There are several things I did to keep cleaning as easy as possible. We used paper plates and disposable utensils. I am normally more Eco-friendly but this was a situation where I didn't mind being a little wasteful. They also make slow cooker liners which I highly suggest using. These are just a few ideas I hope you find helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment