Friday

Learning to cope Part 3: Money

I was incredibly lucky to be able to work from home, and I know that. It not only helped with the bills but it helped to keep my sanity. I kept me sane when I was tired of TV, the internet, the color of the wall of my bedroom, my curtains and the feeling of being a prisoner in my own home.

At the hospital I was determined though, that if I did not have that option I would find some way to contribute. So again I thought of all the ways I could make things work for me while I was on bed rest. The key is to get creative. I decided I would with help, use craigslist, ebay, and maybe have a garage sale. I would purge my closet (and my husbands) of clothes I didn't wear. I would sell any books I had around the house that I had already read and no longer wanted. I list things things we no longer used but could sell that were sitting in our basement or garage. Never do this without help. I made a list of things that I knew we had but didn't use. I sent my mom or my husband to take pictures of it and I created my ad and posted it online.

Let me say that these things may not amount to a lot of money but I sold a dog crate we were storing in the basement but no longer needed for $50 on craigslist. That money could cover our electric bill for one month. I had made some extra cash while on bedrest and it was a satisfying feeling.

For additional money making ideas you could try selling crafts of Etsy, listing on Fiverr or selling photos on istockphoto. You could also try selling china crystal or silver to Replacements, Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment