Monday

My "day out"

While I was on bedrest my favorite day of the week was the day I had an appointment. It seems sad and pathetic now- and it seemed just as bad back then but it was a change! I looked forward to getting dressed for a reason. It was a change instead of staying in my pj's or sweatpants (which were about the only things that fit). It was a reason for putting on makeup. I always looked forward to the drive because I would go through the Dunkin Donuts drive thru and get myself a decaf iced coffee and a donut. Just something to break the monotony of bedrest.

I remember there was one week after I had been on bedrest for quite a while and they were talking to me about possibly taking me off some of my restrictions. I was so excited to go in and hear what I would be allowed to do. I remember getting there and they took my blood pressure and of course, it was high. They made me lie down and took it again- still high. After they took it a 3rd time it was clear I was still on strict bed rest and now subject to even more testing.

I was angry. Angry at my body for failing to maintain a healthy pregnancy, angry with the Dr, the nurses, with life, with well everything at that point! If I was going home to more strict bedrest there was no way I was going home without a treat for myself. I wanted subway. It was the one thing I could do that would make my day a little better.

I remember driving across the street for my sandwich. I pulled up in front of subway and there was a sign that said "Closed for construction". That set it off. I was an emotional wreck! I started sobbing in my car in the middle of the road. Subway was located in a complex so there wasn't a ton of traffic but people did have to go around me, lol. People were looking at me like I was a lunatic. If anyone had asked me why I was crying they probably would have called the police to have my mental health evaluated. I'm sure the only thing I would have told them at point was that I was hysterical because "Suh-Suh-Suuuhbwaaay is CLOSED!!!" Never-mind that there was one a block away, I was inconsolable.

May your 'day out' where ever it be too, always go better then my trip to subway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment